Join Our Team
We’re always interested in working with talented and interesting folks who are committed to their craft. Please send us your resume and a note about why you might like working with us.
Mail your resume and cover letter to:
Kent Hicks Construction Co., Inc
PO Box 57
West Chesterfield, MA 01084
We are looking for a business manager with a minimum of five years of experience, preferably working in the construction industry at a smaller company. The position includes typical bookkeeping tasks (payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable), budgets, quarterly financial reports, and some HR and systems tasks. It is very important that you’re able to support our growth using your knowledge and experience to bring us to the next level. We are interested in candidates that are motivated, detail-oriented and independent, whose knowledge, creativity, and passion will help us create a great company together. A very thorough, working knowledge of Quickbooks and Excel are required. Knowledge of Quickbooks Contractor Edition is a plus
We offer competitive pay, paid holidays, education, IRAs, profit sharing, and other benefits in a friendly, interesting and fast-moving environment.
Position Announcement: Construction Foreman
We specialize in building energy-efficient homes, Passivhaus new-build, deep energy retrofits of existing structures, and high-performance historical restorations. Our projects include a mix of high-end and affordable homes, thus requiring a strong attention to both detail and cost-effectiveness.
You should have a minimum of 7 years frame-to-finish carpentry experience, including 2 years of construction-based leadership. You must possess tools, reliable transportation, and the motivation to demonstrate high-quality work, excellent leadership skills, and a can-do attitude. Previous experience in high-performance construction is preferred, Alternatively, you must be willing to learn and have a strong ability to process information quickly and accurately.
We offer a competitive pay scale, paid holidays, IRAs, and a friendly, stimulating environment. Our projects are located primarily in Hampshire and Franklin Counties, and more recently, Berkshire County. Whenever possible, we place workers on sites that are closest to their homes.
You will work closely with the Project Manager to oversee project planning, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation. You will lead the on-site team of carpenters and/or subcontractors and be responsible for quality control throughout the project.
- Understand each step of the building process
- Build project as planned
- Anticipate and address issues and special areas
- Control workflow to keep all personnel and subs working optimally
- Assign responsibilities, duties, and tasks to site personnel
- Quality control
- Timely completion of job tasks
- Be able to work with all subcontractors
- Ensure proper use, storage, and maintenance for machinery and tools
- Create a positive work environment on site
- Solicit feedback from site personnel
- Site safety
- Site security
Please submit resume and application along with 3 professional recommendations.
Position Announcement: Experienced Carpenter
DESIRED EXPERIENCE: You must have a minimum of 3-6 years frame-to-finish carpentry experience, possess tools, reliable transportation, and the motivation to demonstrate high-quality work, leadership skills, and a can-do attitude. Previous experience in high performance is preferred. Alternatively, you must be willing to learn and have a strong ability to process information quickly and accurately. We offer a competitive pay scale, paid holidays, IRAs, and a friendly, stimulating environment. Our projects are primarily in the Hampshire and Franklin Counties, and more recently, Berkshire County. Whenever possible, we place workers on sites that are closest to their homes.
- Perform work consistently and expediently
- Complete work accurately; fix any mistakes made
- Communicate work to project Foreman and/or lead carpenter
- Support a positive work environment
- Support timely completion of job tasks on site
- Be able to work with all site personnel
- Support site safety
- Promote efficiency on site
- Identify issues of concern, communicate to foreman
- Site organization
- Site cleanliness
- Positive attitude and can-do spirit, whatever is asked
- Maintain tool performance, organization, and maintenance
Please submit resume and application and 3 professional references.